As 2009 comes to an end, I'm reflecting on what a great year it was both professionally and personally. I still like my job alot. Helping people everyday is one of the best feelings in the world and never gets old. When I get a phone call from a frantic caregiver and I'm able to provide them with much needed information and they tell me that they appreciate what I do and that I'm there for them.....man, there's no feeling like it...ANYWHERE!!!
Personally, I've had some awesome things happen. I was able to hang with my brother 3 times this year. In April, he came home for a visit. In June, we met him and Jeana in Colorado for a few days there and had an amazing time. In December, we were able to fly to NYC and spend time with them there. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to NYC since I first watched Saturday Night Live. So stepping off the plane in NYC was such a cool thing to me. I can't describe it!
I was also fortunate enough to go on our annual fishing trip with my parents, Aunt, and Uncle in Branson! This is one of my favorite times of the year. My Dad and Uncle Calvin are so hilarious together that it just makes for an awesome time of not knowing what to expect from them. My Uncle Calvin and I are so much alike. We have the same funny personality so you mix that with my Dad who also has a funny personality and it's never a dull moment.
ALso this year marked the return of my best friend back from Hong Kong in January! I was so excited to have her back in town. We hung out quite a bit and talked on the phone about every other day if not everyday. It's easy to take someone for granted and not realize it until they're gone. So to have her back was awesome!!!
Facebook has been awesome this year in helping me reconnect with people from southwest Arkansas as well as people here in NWA. I've made some wonderful new relationships that I wouldn't trade for anything! We have a complete and utter blast when I'm with these people.
I've been very fortunate this year! I cannot complain one bit. To all of you, I thank you for being a part of my life and making it the blast it is.
Here's to a wonderful 2010 with a ton of laughs!!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment