I'm back after taking a long hiatus from the blogging world. Mainly because I had nothing to say...at that time. Now that I'm back.
Several things have changed since my last posting. I just got back from New York City on Sunday. All I have to say is wow! I adore it and want to go back and WILL go back sometime in the near future. I had a blast there and it was so good to hang with my brother and Jeana. I love my brother and I miss him, but he's right where he belongs. New York looks good on him. He fits in well. I had an issue with my foot where I ended up with a huge blister on the bottom of my foot which did have a small effect on what I was able to do or not do. We arrived around 11 a.m. on Thursday morning and took the tour of Justin's crib. He didn't really have a stoop like I wanted to sit on, but he did have a deck outside which had a cool view.
Friday, Jeana had to work and I missed her big time, but it was cool to be able to hang as just the 4 of us. As we were walking down the stairs to the subway, I misjudged the landing and missed the last step and felt like I hyper-extended my left knee. By this time my foot was better but it wasn't 100% so I had a sore left knee and a sore right foot walking around in NYC! Never dull in the life of me. Anyways, Justin was nice enough to mention taking a bus tour around the city so I could stay off my feet and rest my knee. I was ALL ABOUT THIS! It was wonderful! We got to see sooo much that I don't think we would have in the amount of time we were there. I loved every minute of being on the open upper level of this bus. The wind in my hair, watching the locals and not so locals walking and riding bikes. I loved it! I'd definitely do it again. We saw everything it seemed like and sat down the whole time! I can dig it!
Saturday, we got up and went to take a harbor cruise. I'd been wanting to see the Statue of Liberty and I didn't get a very good view on the plane or by the bus. So I was all excited about riding in a boat, which I love, and seeing one of our nation's landmarks. While on the cruise, we went by Ground Zero. I could see where the buildings were and I stopped to think and told my Mom that somewhere over our heads, the planes hit these 2 massive buildings. I wondered if there was a harbor cruise boat going out at that time that saw those planes hit. I wondered if maybe the bus had driven by before the buildings collapsed. It just really made it more real to me. The bus took us to St Vincents in Grenwich Village where they took the injured people that day. I couldn't help but wonder what it was like at that hospital that day or in that city period. I thought about the ambulances trying to get through. I think we drove by the street that they showed on TV that day where all of the people were running and covering their heads from falling debris. Man, it just really made it all real to me. Later that night, Mom and Jeana made peanut brittle together. That was really cool. We had our Christmas with them. We got some wonderful presents and vice versa. It was alot of fun. Mom wanted to take me to see Mamma Mia on Broadway, but didn't want to fork out $700 bucks for it, which I cannot say that I blame her. SO instead, she bought me the movie and we watched Mamma Mia with them and had the songs on the screen which made it all the more enjoyable. We also watched Up. I love this movie! It's cute, funny, sad, but more cute than anything. Jeana's parents had been in NYC for a while longer before we got there. When we got there, it was only her Mom still there. Her Dad had to go back earlier. I would have loved to have met him, but Layne is a wonderful person. Very personable and enjoyable to be around. Jeana is a WONDERFUL, FUN, ENTERTAINING person and I can't wait for her to be my sister in law.
Sunday, we got up and sat around and visited before catching a cab to go to the airport for our long journey home. It was sad to come home. I really liked being there. I got to play with the pug who I ADORE! She's so much fun. We ate great food made by Justin and Jeana, and just spent time together as a family.
So now I'm back and get to hear the news that my best friend is going back to Hong Kong. I'm definitely not ready for this either, but there's not much I can do, but grin and bear it. It just sucks. I'm very grateful for email because it's alot better than the old way, but it's not the same as a phone call. Crystal is one of the MOST funniest people in my life and her stories just aren't as funny in an email as they are in a phone call. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it. SE LA VIE! Not much I can do about it.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment