Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting!

I was hoping to sleep in a little today, but woke up at 7 instead. I went with Mom and Dad to work on my Grandmother's house. We got quite a bit done, but also found some awesome stuff again. This time we found pictures of my Granddad when he was about a year old. He was born in 1918 so this would have been 1919. Three different pictures. Mom found a picture of my Great Grandfather on my Grandmother's side. This was my Grandmother's father. He died when Mom was 3. We also found some notes or letters that my Granddad had written to my Grandmother. So sweet. We found pictures of my Mom when she was about 3 weeks old. Some also from 1955 with an awesome 55 Chevy in the background. Although this is hard for my Mom, I always ask her questions about some of the stuff we find. She did really well today. She cried when she read the letters from her Dad to her Mom, but that was about it. Usually, we find stuff from Justin and myself. We are the only grandchildren on Mom's side since she's an only child. They've kept, literally, about everything we've ever given them. It's funny to see some of the stuff that I've given them. My handwriting was pretty funny. Needless to say, we got some more done today. Dad uses this expression to keep us from getting overwhelmed by what all we have to do, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." This means that little by little, we'll have it done. Every little bit helps.

Tonight is Razorback football. The first game of the season. Unfortunately, it's not televised on regular tv, but it's on Pay Per View and I told Dad I'd pay for half so he'd get it. So we're going to watch the game and eat some crab cakes, watermelon, and whatever else we can find. Should be a good time. Unless Dad gets frustrated, then it's funny.

I hope you all have a good 3 day weekend. I know I will. I'm hoping to chill out and not do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment