Monday, September 14, 2009

That's what friends are for...

I was thinking today about my friends. I am blessed with wonderful friends. Some I've known for a short time and some I've known for many years. Some have a funny sense of humor, others have a dry sense of humor. Some are sweet and others are sarcastic, like myself. I know that comes as a shock to you all, but I do have a sarcastic sense of humor and....that works for me. All of my friends make me laugh and that's what it's all about. I love to laugh and I love to make people laugh. If you aren't funny, then you won't be my friend. HAHA. No, that's not true, but just about all of my friends make me laugh when I'm around them or talking to them on the phone.

I've got some great memories with my friends who don't live near me. Church camp, visiting Hope one year, elementary school...all of these memories are so funny to me. I will never forget them as long as I live. I always mess with Hillary about getting me in trouble in the 7th grade and we argue back and forth regarding who started it so we laugh about that all the time. That was such a funny time, both in school with them and when I went down to visit. Hillary, you know what I'm talkin about!

I'm also one of 2 people, that I know of, who had to scrub toilets at Church Camp. It's a title that I'm proud to hold with my partner in crime on the night of the "alleged incident." It's something that we also argue about who got whom in trouble. I think she got me in trouble and she says she never got in trouble until I got there. We have fun laughin and joking about it to this day and that's a friendship that I've had since that week at church camp. Never trade camp for anything in the world.

I have friends, but not as many as I used to. For me, it's about quality NOT quantity. I've got really good friends who I know would have my back in any time of need. I learned this the other day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I will forever claim that it was you who got us in trouble! If you weren't so damn funny, I would've never started laughing and I would've never made Brooke giggle because I was giggling... and so on. :) I believe that was the same summer as "Stink-Bomb-Bobby"... tee hee... I'd never trade those summers for anything in the world! Thanks for making my memories of camp better than I could've ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete